Dr. Joseph Vijungco
Doctor Joseph Vijungco arrived to the East Valley of Arizona in 2006 and has become a pillar of this community ever since. By 2010 he was awarded “America’s Top Surgeon” by the Consumers’ Council of America. He is considered one of the highest volume vascular surgeons for peripheral vascular surgery in Arizona and one of the most respected vein specialists in the SouthWest.
Dr. Vijungco is a board certified vascular and endovascular surgeon providing services to people throughout Phoenix, Scottsdale, Chandler and Mesa, Arizona, but primarily in the East Valley area. He received his specialist training in Peripheral Vascular Surgery at the prestigious Northwestern University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois, a world-renowned university for the advancement of vascular surgery. During his tenure at Northwestern University, he was awarded First Place in the annual research science award for his research in abdominal aortic aneurysms. He also has numerous publications in management of carotid disease. He also has written a book chapter for the American Board of Surgery discussing Endovascular Techniques.
As one of the leading vein specialists, he has a wealth of experience in the management of advanced arterial disease and venous disease. He currently has expert knowledge in the surgical treatment of the following diseases:
- Carotid Stenosis / Cerebrovascular Disease
- Vascular Disease of the Upper Extremity
- Aneurysms of the Aorta and Iliac Arteries
- Aneurysms of the Peripheral Arteries
- Renal Artery Disease / Renovascular Disease
- Mesenteric Artery Disease / Visceral Ischemic Syndromes
- Hemodialysis and Vascular Access
- Femoral-Popliteal-Tibial Occlusive Disease
- Aortoiliac Occlusive Disease
- Vascular Trauma
- Acute Limb Ischemia
- Venous Thromboembolic Disease
- Varicose Veins / Chronic Venous Insufficiency
- Venous Ulcers
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer related to Poor Arterial Circulation
Dr. Vijungco is also certified as a Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT). This experience gives him knowledge in the interpretation of vascular ultrasound. He is able to interpret the hemodynamics of Carotid Ultrasound (US), Aortic US, Mesenteric US, Renal US, Arterial US of the arms and legs, Dialysis Access US, Venous US of the arms and legs.
As one of the most qualified vascular surgeons in Arizona, Dr. Vijungco also has comprehensive experience in a wide variety of surgical techniques in the treatment of vascular disease. Common operations that Dr. Vijungco performs include the following:
- Carotid Endarterectomy / Carotid Bypass /Carotid Stenting
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair with Open and Endovascular Techniques
- Femoral-Popliteal Aneurysm Repair with Open and Endovascular Techniques
- Femoral-Popliteal-Tibial Bypass and Reconstruction
- Endovascular treatment of the Aortia, Iliac artery, Femoral Artery, Popliteal Artery, and Tibial Arteries, using angioplasty, stenting, and atherectomy.
- Renal Angioplasty and Stenting / Renal Bypass
- Mesenteric Angioplasty and Stenting / Mesenteric Bypass
- Dialysis Access Creation
- Limb salvage for Acute Limb Ischemia
- Venous Ablation / Venous Phlebectomy / Sclerotherapy